How is hepatitis B spread?
Who is at risk for hepatitis B?
- people who live with or have sexual contact with an infected person
- men who have sex with men
- people who have multiple sex partners
- injection drug users
- immigrants and children of immigrants from areas with high rates of hepatitis B
- infants born to infected mothers
- health care workers
- hemodialysis patients
- people who received a transfusion of blood or blood products before 1987, when better tests to screen blood donors were developed
- international travelers